Saturday, September 10, 2011

Roving Reporter: Next Big Project

You are invited to enjoy a new, and occasional, feature in the Escalante Newsletter, the Roving Reporter!

The Roving Reporter will wander our town asking citizens (and perhaps visitors) for their opinions on a given question. If you have an opinion and were not approached, please feel free to express your thoughts as described at the bottom of the second page.

This week ‘s question: 
Now that we have essentially completed big projects such as the culinary water system and the new airport, what would you next like to see addressed in the community of Escalante?


                    “Improved, stable job opportunities. Some type of manufacturing.”  (Business owner)

                    “I can think of a lot of things I’d like to see them doing. They’ve heard from me ! (Retired woman.)
             “I want to get rid of the sagebrush on Main Street.”  (Young mother and employee).
                    “I’d like to see some sort of children’s park with playground equipment and that sort of thing” (mother and employee).

                “Main Street looks nice since the weeds have been cared for, but I’d like to see it improved even more. I think it would be really nice if you came into town and it just looked beautiful!”  (Employee and parent).

                    “We’ve had a major-good attitude improvement!  I’d like to see better funded schools.”  (Businessman)

                    “Dim the sodium vapor street lights. We have great skies and other cities have done it.”  (Businessman)

                    “I’d like a swimming pool or something for the kids. I’ll tell you what I’d like, also, I’d like that old theatre to be restored like the one in Panguitch.”  (Businesswoman and mother)
             “Weed control”  (Businesswoman)
                    “I don’t know where to start. I’d love to see some activities for the kids and the date of the next City Council meeting printed in the newsletter.” (Distance-learning professor and mother).
             “I’d like the City to buy the Old Gym. I’ll help them paint.”  (Retired law enforcement)
             “Housing, more businesses, museums for tourists” (Anon.)
             Better shopping opportunities. (Retired)
                    (Additional quote)  “Few communities have genuine citizen governments. I’m so proud to live in one that really does.”  (Citizen and Escalante enthusiast).

No comments:

Post a Comment